Our visit to Knysna


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Knysna
October 22nd 2007
Published: October 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

This is the first opportunity where I have found a space to find the internet and log on!! I am borrowing a PC from this local guesthouse. It is a manor house with just a handful of rooms, and is beautiful, feel as though I should have some slippers to walk around it! It overlooks Knysna's lagoon and is a lovely setting. Very quiet, sleepy town, which hides more within, if you delve a little deeper, unfortunately we have only had a day (two nights) to enjoy this location. We drove to one of the bays, enjoyed the beautiful and quiet beach and then drove back to Knysna to take a boat trip to the heads, the entrance to the Lagoon. It was cloudy but warm this morning, and this afternoon was early twenties, very pleasant, compared to where we have just travelled from. There are many local walks and reserves to visit here, but we have so little time (we will just have to return!). The waterfront is a pleasant location for dinner.

For anyone due to visit Knysna, definately ensure you pick up a local map from the tourist location, this is definately needed to plan your visit.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb