Knysna (added from home)


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Knysna
October 22nd 2007
Published: November 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

My other 'blog' was written whilst away ... I am updating and adding now I am back! I have had several people ask where we stayed it was http://www.parkesmanor.co.za/ and really was very nice, we were looked after well. And just a 10-15 min easy walk to the restaurants and shops on the lagoon. The shops were nice (lots of security personnel around - however didn't feel unsafe at all, very clean and tidy).

We did a bit of driving, but not too much, drove briefly to Plettenburg Bay, but were unable to find easy access to beach and therefore drove back to Knysna and found Brentwood on Sea. Beautiful sandy beach and lovely location.

We enjoyed the remainder of the day on a relaxing boat trip to the headlands.

Enjoyed shopping at the waterfront and bought some fantastic cushions, made locally, with lovely african colours, wildlife embroidered in.

Next time (if there is one) we would definately visit the weatherbed reserve, by the headland, this sounds interesting and would also make an effort to visit the woods. We just ran out of time and found out about these a little too late.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Brenton on SeaBrenton on Sea
Brenton on Sea

Beautiful and peaceful location to enjoy the sea
The headlandsThe headlands
The headlands

Very dangerous entrance to a port


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb