Returning to Gordon's Bay


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Gordon's Bay
February 23rd 2014
Published: February 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Linda with her little brotherLinda with her little brotherLinda with her little brother

In healthier, happier times
We've decided to return to Gordon's Bay and finish our "winter getaway" returning home on April 4th so will start sending blogs again.

We were glad to have come home for my sister's funeral service and to be able to spend time with family. It was a very appropriate service and Linda would have been very pleased. All her family were there as well as a lot of good friends many of whom gave her great support during her illness. She will be greatly missed!!!

Just before we were called home, we had just left Gordon's Bay and drove for a couple of days to the Drakensberg area which borders Lesotho. Lesotho is a separate country but surrounded by South Africa. On the way, we stopped at Graff Reinet which is in the "Free State". Close by was the "Valley of Desolation" which as you can see by the pictures was very picturesque with interesting rock formations. We stayed at the Villa Reinet, a traditional Bed and Breakfast/Quest House. The owners were very hospitable and packed a breakfast for us so we could get away early the next day.

he second night at the Champagne Sport resort and unfortunately only stayed 1 night of the 7 we planned. This is a definite return! The grounds and setting for the resort was gorgeous. We had a 2 bedroom chalet that overlooked a championship golf course. The resort is about a 4 hour drive from Johannesburg and the area offers a lot of interesting activities and areas to explore.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Champagne Sports ResortChampagne Sports Resort
Champagne Sports Resort

View from our Chalet


23rd February 2014

Your blogs are wonderful. So sorry for your loss, sisters are special. Love and hugs to both of you.
23rd February 2014

Hi
I look forward to enjoying your travels through your pictures and narrative. Safe journey.

Tot: 0.311s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1009s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb