P - PICK UP A PENGUIN


Advertisement
Published: July 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Off to Cape Point and Cape of Good Hope today. We thought we would pop into Boulders Beach to see the penguins on route. We headed south and stopped at various viewing points to look at the sea. At one stop we spotted a very large fish/mammal in the sea. It didn’t look or move anything like the whales we saw at Hermanus, but we do know it had a very large fin and was quite a size. We honestly couldn’t say what it was, but it was lovely to see, none the less.
We saw plenty of penguins at Boulders Beach. They really are cheeky little things and not at all camera shy. They get everywhere and waddle around without a care. You have to check under your car before you leave just in case they are hiding under it.
Onwards to the Capes. Once again the scenery was breathtaking. We have decided that the landscape in SA is some of the best we have seen in any country we have ever visited. It is so diverse and changeable, truly wonderful.
We reached Cape Point. This area is very large and you could actually spend a whole day investigating it.
We nearly died walking up the steep climb to the top where the old light house is situated. The view from the top was magnificent. It was well worth the climb. There were lots of people red faced and puffing when they reached the summit. Mountaineers we aint. I’ve now been to the darkest depths and top of the world on this trip to SA. What joy.
Cape of Good Hope is the southernmost point of the African Continent. Another good reason for a photo call. Ha Ha.
Another night in the Bell watching Spain beat Germany. Viva Espana. Most of the customers were cheering on Spain. We struck up a conversation with a young Canadian. He to had been to Kruger recently, guess what, he saw the cats, even the elusive leopard. I think there was a conspiracy against us seeing the big cats.
Still we can drown our sorrows on the wine tour tomorrow. Countdown to home now.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



9th July 2010

Don't worry about not seeing the big cats; it just means we'll have to look extra hard when you take me on safari!

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb