heading for newer pastures


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
January 4th 2009
Published: January 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

hello, to all, a belated merry christmas and a happy new year to all.

I think my last entry, i was going off to mozambique for a trip, but unfortunately that never materialised. Instead my last month in South Africa, saw me getting stuck into life with my family once more, but this time, more time to explore the surrondings, do a spot of varnishing and quite a lot of meat eating, killing animals and braii's!

i seemed to have learnt a lot about 'traditional African' life on this trip just from everyday things. The South african way, and 'laid back attitude' has also been fully exposed to me, which can be a little annoying at times.

African's seem to have this idea that with every celebration, or lazy weekend, we need meat to accompany it, and that meat is prepared, killed, and cooked by hand. Iv'e certainly learnt what animal squeels more when its about to meet its final moments...and i think the pig won on the chart of not wanting to go down without a fight and a lot of squeels!!(sorry for all the vege's out there... but its just how it is).
As well as this meat eating, ive been lucky enough to go to a couple of traditional african weddings...affairs that take place over a number of days, involve dancing, sitting around for hours on end, not doing much, drinking traditional african beer...Mkombute (no idea how to spell it, but that's how it sounds), and yes more meat eating. Perhaps the most interesting part to all this was seeing mr. Manana, finalise one Lobola negotiation (bride price), then move to another town down the road to go and start off another Lobola, which goes on throughout, engagement, start of married life.
Its just funny when one bride gets...(more to come when i get more internet time...)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb