Lost luggage, Portuguese, and a whole lot of church!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Goiás
January 19th 2009
Published: January 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

My Extension of continents visited on this trip now numbers 2! I am currently sitting writing this listening to Andrea Bocelli, and pondering Obama day tomorrow...yes it is a big thing here in Fr. Joaquim´s house in Itumbiara, Brazil. Tomorrow i think sees us closing the doors, battening down the hatches, turning the phone off, and watching barack work his magic to the world.

My trip from South Africa, was eventful...Visa fines, even though id paid it....but when the South African immigration guy tells you you havn´t, there isn´t much place to argue! anyway, added to that the nice people at joh´burg airport decided to leave my bags at the checkin counter, so i had to go smelly for a few days in buenos aires but no worries!

Yes, so buenos aires... a big city, with nice archecture and so forth... but by far the best thing in buenos aires was the stake! it was beautiful...especially after arriving there, and finding a nice little local restaraunt down a buenos aires backstreet, with a couple of other english guys. After Buenos Aires i moved on up to Brazil.

Im in Brazil till my trip homw at the end of march. Brazil seems like a lovely country so far... Sao Paulo was a big but wierdly beautiful city in a misty, big building foggy kind of way... and the hostel was lovely! From Sao Paulo i made a flight up to Uberlandia, where i was picked up by father joaquim, a brazilian preist i am staying with in Brazil...an old family friend from when i was little! After a stop over in Caldes Noves, up to itumbiara. Itumbiara is the size of chesterfield, and similiar in its limitations on what you can do here, howver the welcome has been good, and yes, i have been to at least 5 masses in the last week...even attempting to play the organ for mass on sunday!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb