Warthog of a day


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga » Skukuza
June 10th 2016
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -24.9895, 31.5857

Came up with this title but for some reason can find no pictures of a warthog. Anyway, we did see a lot of warthog as we moved from Letaba down to Satara. Drove through the campground and found what we thought was the perfect spot to camp. It was close to a cook stand, the ablution block and easy in and out.

So, we set up our tent and did a nice walk around before we checked in at reception. Fixed a nice lunch and then time for a short nap before deciding the rest of the day. Had set up a clothesline because we were going to wash clothes after the nap. While we were napping heard some people come in and start setting up behind us. While we were napping they walked through our campsite several times to the ablutions.

After our nap got up, found one of our neighbors had parked his car in our wash line area. Asked him to move his car and he suggested we move our line. They moved their car but later that evening when we were enjoying dinner, a guy almost hit our line as he walked to the ablutions.

Our conclusions: people on the way to the ablutions are like zombies and do not look where they are going and our camp site was on the direct path to the bathrooms. Needless to say on our return visit, we did not stay in that site.

Did a drive in the evening on the S100 but did not see much more than general game. One of the big dams was totally dry and so no birdlife or any other animals nearby.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

birds in treebirds in tree
birds in tree

going back to look for warthog shot


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb