Tswndze Bush Camp


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga » Kruger National Park
February 19th 2014
Published: February 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Next stop was Tsendze bush camp. This was about as different as it was possible to get from Crocodile Bridge. The camp is away from the main Mopani Camp and is only for campers. There is no electricity, shop, pool or restaurant but there is lovely individual sites hidden in the bush, peace and quiet, lovely ablutions complete with an outdoor shower which was much nicer than trying to shower in the dark with all the spiders and mozzies as we normally do. There was a decent kitchen with hot water and solar lighting. And to top it all the game ranger in charge came round to chat to us, show us where the paradise flycatcher has her nest and to show us his photos of a nightjar he had just taken and chat in general about the animals and birds there.



We had our fridge connected to the gas, lots of ice and cold drinks and plenty of torches so didn't miss the amenities at all. There is a strict no noise rule there but it wasn't very busy anyway so after cooking we sat in the quiet and dark and just enjoyed the night noises.



The next morning the ranger called us to come and see the elephant at the fence right by his house, it was good to watch the elephant close up and know there was an electric fence between us.



We only had one night here as we wanted to move up further north but we could easily have stayed longer and would definitely come back.

Advertisement



26th February 2014

Tsendze
Hi you two! So glad you went to Tsendze . We loved it and stayed three nights. We had a woman camp manager and she was also equally friendly and helpful. So refreshing. Keep having fun

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb