Kruger Park family adventure


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga » Kruger National Park
February 19th 2009
Published: February 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


30 JAN 2009

DAY 1
We depart for the Kruger Park Lower Sabie-
We drove all the way to Malelane Gate to enter the park-the drive was great and nice weather as well
But as soon as we arrived the heat was hectic! very humid..we checked in our luxury tents overlooking Lower Sabie River-Hippos and a couple of Buffalos welcomed us! The tents were fantastic! little patio area where you can enjoy drinks overlooking the river and a kitchenette all baboon proof!Inside theres two single beds and a full bathrooms with shower! very nice but hot!at night at least we had some fresh air..
We off loaded the combie and we relaxed a bit before going on the game drive-
After a while we decided to go on a game drive to check out some animals we didnt see much-we decided to get back to camp and go the bar area where we enjoyed a drink overlooking the river.

DAY 2
My parents woke up at 04H30 to go game drive (crazy!) we stayed in bed sleeping for another 3 hours lovely to wake up to the sounds of the Jungle! after breakfast we went to drive a bit and see if we were going t be lucky-we drove seen some Rhinos and antelopes but nothing big-for lunch we decided to get back had some lasagna! well..bush lasagna as we had to warm it up on the stove! very interesting....after lunch Charl decided to go to sleep (i dont know how he could as it was probably 40 degrees inside that tent!)I decided to just relax on the veranda a checking out the hippos..

late afternoon we decided to go for a swim as the heat was just too much! very nice and refreshing pool!The parents decided to go on a drive again at 14H30 but we couldnt at all was really too hot! So they were lucky enough to see a Leopard!

For dinner we had a braai and suddenly we heard a noise in the bushes-We switch on the spot light and theres an Hyena! probably the smell of meat attracted her to us she had lovely eyes looked very cute!
After dinner we called it the night-


DAY 3
This morning a troop of babbons decided to visit us! very scary as they are so big! the one baboon got on the roof of our tent-as everything was locked away they decided to go to the neighbours...and they were having a party there! Those clever people never locked their food away so the baboons ate everything and the whole place looked like a war zone!
During the night the bush got very noisy hipos were very close to the tents as well we could hear the hyenas laughing! I know that this is actually true! Hyenas do laugh! and its evil too! AH!
We packed all our stuff and we were ready to leave...unfortunately!

The drive back home took longer as with all the trips!
We got home late afternoon...very tired and not looking for work the next day....




Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Sabie River Sabie River
Sabie River

Croc infested and Hippo friendly!
Night game viewing Night game viewing
Night game viewing

Getting ready!
My ParentsMy Parents
My Parents

The rangers!


Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb