King's Camp Safari Day 2


Advertisement
Published: May 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The day starts with a wake up call at 5:30 am. We have coffee/tea at 5:45 am overlooking the watering hole at camp. The monkeys are starting to surround us and challange us for the morning muffins - they are so cute but very persistant about the muffins!

We leave camp at 6:00 with our hats, gloves and blankets. It's chillie before the sun comes up but not too cold. The mist is surrounding us and it's a view like no other when we spot two female lions, one giant male and four little cubs. Took tons on photos! We were then off to sneak up on a herd of elephants that must have numbered 60-80 and tons of little elephants....another 200 photos....we can't seem to stop ourselves. We saw African buffalo and the most perfect Giraffe eating dinner out of a thorn tree. That is one tough tonge!

We then head back to camp for breakfast the with monkeys and have some leisure time by the pool (which backs up to the bush so who knows what will wonder in :-).

After lunch we are off again and see every animal imaganable exect the Rhino...which of course what I wanted to see.

Back at camp (after the wonderful bath) we were treated to an African BBQ complete with singing and dancing from the members of the local tribe. It was really a treat to see them and how happy they are. The South African people are so happy and friendly - we enjoyed everyone that we met.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Lion cub at nightLion cub at night
Lion cub at night

This little fellow and his four brothers were too cute...
Too close for comfortToo close for comfort
Too close for comfort

She was not so happy with us at this point...


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 5; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb