A Quiet Morning


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Limpopo » Modimolle
January 14th 2014
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

01 Ostrich01 Ostrich01 Ostrich

The largest bird in the world.
Geo: -24.6601, 28.6966

Again this morning we got up at 7am. We started the day with an Amarula coffee and rusks. We drove to the Jacana Hide. Along the way we saw the largest bird in the world – an ostrich. At the hide we saw many types of weavers, but not much else.

As we drove back towards camp we saw a journey of giraffe. There were four of them. We stayed and watched them for a little bit. Back at camp we had toasted jaffles for breakfast and then packed up. I wish we could have stayed here for longer. It has been a relaxing trip. Next time I would like to do more of the walking trails.

A few hours later we were back in Johannesburg. That evening we had a fun night out, starting with bowling and then a delicious meal at a Japanese restaurant. Later on we dropped Neil and Claudine at his brother Stuart's house and said goodbye to them.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

02 Weaver02 Weaver
02 Weaver

A Lesser Masked Weaver in the reeds.
03 View03 View
03 View

The view from where the hide should have been - I took this photo while standing on my tippy toes.
04 Us04 Us
04 Us

Paul and I on the walkway amongst the reeds and weavers.
05 Giraffe05 Giraffe
05 Giraffe

A tower of giraffe.
06 Giraffe06 Giraffe
06 Giraffe

A journey of giraffe - they are slowly walking.
08 Scenery08 Scenery
08 Scenery

The scenery of Nylsvley Nature Reserve.


Tot: 0.29s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb