Our weekend at The Oilfants River 2nd-3rd August


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Limpopo » Hoedspruit
August 16th 2008
Published: August 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Oilfants River.

We got set away from our camp this weekend because there was some friends of the owner coming and they are from the church. So we went away for the weekend to be out of the way. So we went to stay at a big camp site which is right next to the famous Oilfants River.

So off we all set in 2 cars and everyone crammed in and an hour and a 1/2 later we arrived. We all got unpacked and then set off to explore. We went down to the river and sat there for a while, the views where great and we were told that there were crocs in the river, but we didn't see any! Then we went off in search of a shallow area of the river and had a big mud fight, great fun! Only problem was that the showers were cold when we need to get clean back at camp!!

For the evening we made a big fire and had a chinese braai, where you have a selection of meat, rice, veg, etc and you choose everything you want and mix it all together and then you put it on a big metal tray in a pile and cook it. Really, Really nice. After we had all eaten and were stuffed. We played a game called hunt the lantern, a couple of people go off into the bush with a lantern and then you have to find them but without been seen and you have to get as close as possible. They also evey so often shine a spot light round to see if they can catch you out. We must have played it for over an hour and I won!!!

For sleeping arrangements we had a type of building with 4 walls around and a gap and then a




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb