Mountain Hike 27th July


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Limpopo » Hoedspruit
August 10th 2008
Published: August 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our Mountain Hike for the day.

We set off at about 9am for our hike in the Mountains. Adele and Bee where our guides, an african tribe own this mountain and the trail, so you pay to do the hike and the money is meant to go towards the village but I was told that the cheif of the village likes to keep it for herself!!!

Anyway we got dropped off in the mountains and off we set. First stop was to have a look at the waterfalls and just look at the views, amazing. Then we had the chance to climb behind a waterfall which was great fun. Then it was on upwards to have a look at a cave and a bit of an explaination on how the locals use the caves. Then it was time to make our way down the mountain on a very steep and rickety ladder!! Then we made our way down into a cave and to get out we climbed through a small hole and made our way down a very steep and sandy slope. All arrived out of the cave covered in sand from head to foot!!

Onwards we went saw some locals and some resident cows we had to move out of the way! We had to cross some streams and i managed to get to a crossing stand up to jump across and then slip both feet straight into the water, nice wet feet, socks and shoes. Then it was time to stop have a little swim and go under a water fall, so we all got ready and got in, sooo cold! We didn't stay in long and then we got out and had lunch.

After a futher walk we arrived at a rock in which you could jump off!!I look at it and thought no ways and the water was very cold. Some other people did it so we sat and watched and took pictures. It looked like fun but the water was so cold. We carried on and our next stop was a big natural water slide and the local kids all arrived to show us how it was done. They all got changed and put plastic bags around then so they went down the slide faster. Then one of them laid at the top to stop the flow of water. Looked like great fun but it looked like you would get a bit of a sore bum from it!!

Then on we walked and arrived at our final destination the village. Some more children came out too see us and we got to see how they all live, very interesting and the children were very cute. It was a great day out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb