Jessica the Hippo - 31st July


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Limpopo » Hoedspruit
August 4th 2008
Published: August 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We went on Thursday evening at about 4pm to see Jessica the Hippo, who is a human friendly Hippo. This is because when she was born there was a big flood and when she was only a couple of hours old she was swept away from her mother and the people who look after here found her on their doorstep the next morning. So they took her in and have looked after her ever since. They have the river just outside their house and Jessica is not caged in she is free to leave if she likes but she likes living there. She does get spoilt though, she gets feed and gets here own mattress too sleep on!!

So when we arrived we were shown the house where we would stay for the night a very quirky little house. Once we were sorted we went down to see Jessica and feed her, she likes dog biscuits and she had 2 big bottles of weak tea!! We got to touch her and Kiss her!!!We even gave her a massage her back with our feet!

Then we went back to the house to have a nice big Braai and lots of lovely food and drinks of course! Then we set up a big fire in an area outside and spent the night chatting and did a few funny games and learning tricks as well, very good night.

Got up the next morning and we went to see Jessica again and she had some more tea. We got to get more pictures of her and stoke her, etc. Then it was time to leave!





Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb