Game drive Saturday 26th July.


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Limpopo » Hoedspruit
July 31st 2008
Published: August 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our big posh Game drive.

We were given the option of doing a proper game drive around the Baule game reserve and it only cost us 100R each which isn't bad for 5 hours driving and stop for alcholic drinks and nibbles!

So we had 2 very funny guys pick us up and off we went. They did a short drive round and then they had heard of a lion kill that was 2 days old, it was a giraffe and the lions were still around feeding on it. So off we went to have a look, how amazing we were able to see some lions with full belly's just lying down and relaxing and we got to park up next to some feeding on the kill!!!!! We stayed and watched them for about 2 hours and we saw all the vultures in the surrounding trees and jackels waiting around for the bones. I can't believe how lucky we were!

Then we left and stopped off for drinks and nibbles and watched the sunset. Then back on and doing the drive in the dark to see what we could see. Not a lot, bush baby, impala, stanbuck and owl, but we didn't mind because we saw the lion kill.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



14th August 2008

You are getting some good pictures! Definately sounds like an experience of a lifetime!

Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0881s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb