Panorama and Kruger 2 day trip.


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Limpopo » Hoedspruit
July 30th 2008
Published: August 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our group trip Panorama and Kruger trip- Tuesday 22nd July - Wednesday 23rd July.

On the Tuesday 22nd July we set off on our 2 day trip organised with the people we are staying with. It was an all girls trip there was Laura, Movian, Tee and myself. We did the Panorama Drive first and Kruger will be tomorrow. We saw the Blyde and Treur Rivers and saw where they met. One is calm and other one a little bit rougher.

We did the portholes which where so amazing, the size and just the views that you got from them was amazing.This is also where the 2 rivers meet one another.

We went to look at 3 rondavals which is 3 mountains thta look just like rondavals, the surrounding view was also amazing.

Gods window, where you walked up through a small like jungle area, which was pretty and nice. Then when you got to the top you got an amazing view.

Then Mac Mac falls which where Ok but not that amazing.

We also had the chance to look at all the little curio stalls at each stop, they had some very nice little wood carvings and stone. Loads of lovely things but I resisted the temptation to buy a lot of things.

After all the travelling it was on towards Nelspruit where we stayed in a nice little cabin for the evening. Once we had all got unpacked and sorted we went to a shopping Mall which stays open late and has all the resturants inside it. We went to a big chain called 'The Spur' we had lovely food, 2 had steak and me and another girl went mexican and I had enchillards, yum,yum, lovely.

2nd day of trip.

Off to the Kruger for the day. We were heading towards the Numbai Gate so we stop on the way at Trisha's friends where we had stayed to say thank you very much to them.

In the Kruger we didn't see as much as we had seen on our pevious trip, but we did see a rock monitor, fruit bats, ground hornbill (is rare), giraffe, waterbuck, crocodile, impala and buffolo.
But best of all we saw a lion kill they had killed a buffolo at 9am that morning and where still feeding on it at 3pm, plus there was some really cute little cubs with them.

Then at 5.30pm with a quick rush to get out of the gate on time. Then it was back to camp,at the gate of our reserve there was a women waiting for a lift to one of the lodges she said it was along way but we agreed to take her, didn't want to leave her there all night. (All the africans don't own cars they just wait at the side of the road for lifts!!). The lodge was along way about an hour drive from the main gate and ours is only 20 mins away. Then when we got back to camp the lads where doing a nice Braai for us.







Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb