My Kruger Trip 18th - 19th July (update)


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Limpopo » Hoedspruit
July 30th 2008
Published: August 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Was a great trip, here is what we did.

We had the option of doing a trip with the company we are staying with to the Kruger Park but we felt that we would like to spend more than a day in the Kruger. So with the help of on of the people who run the course-Tisha, we arranged a 3 day trip to the Kruger for 3 of us. Tisha arranged the rental of a car for us and accomodation at some friends of hers in Whiteriver, we did want to stay in the Kruger but all the camps where fully booked. There was one girl Tee with us who can't drive and then Susanne and I. I drove on the roads outside of the park and in the park and Susanne only drove in the park and Tee was map reader!!

So on Thurs 17th July we went to collect our car and drove it from the town back to camp. Then on Fri 18th July we had a nice early start up at 4.30am and set off just after 5am. We drove to the Palabora Gate and arrived just after 6.30am. On the way we saw a really bad accident between a police car and another car, I think the other car came off worse but no one was hurt, we drove around the accident and off to the gate.

So once booked in at the reception of the park we set off on our trip through the Kruger. Tisha had done us a route for each day so on our 1st day we had to keep to our times because it was a bit tight on time to get to the gate we were going out of. Also you can only travel at 50kmph through the Kruger and you have to be out of the gate at 5.30pm otherwise you get a fine!!

We saw all sorts on our 1st day Hynea, Elephant, Girraffe, Zebra

We got out at Paul Kruger Gate and drove for about 2 hours to Whiteriver to where Tisha's friend lived. When we arrived they showed us our rooms for the night, the guest rooms above an office area, really nice. Then he asked if we would all like a drink, so we walk into their garden and pool area and on the side of the house they have a proper bar area with sound system pool table everything! Then they did some meat on the Braai which we helped ourselves to. Then they order some lovely italian pizzas for us and a nice salad. It was lovely.

Next morning up early again but about 6am this morning because the next gate is only half an hour away. We went in at Numbai gate and did the lower half of the Kruger. Today we were driving along and we hadn't seen anything for ages, then all of a sudden we drove past a Cheeta and I kept tapping on the window because I couldn't get my words out. So we reversed back and we saw the Cheeta sat there and 4 little cubs, so cute. We also did some of the dirt track roads, which was good fun.

Then it was back out of Numbai gate and back to Tisha's friends. They had being watching Rugby all day, so there was a lot of people there when we arrived. They had a big Braai that they invited us too it was great and the drinks where flowing well!! Another great night, and we said thank you so much for letting us stay because they wouldn't let us pay for staying the night, everything was free.

Then it was back to Numbai gate and back upwards to Palaborwa gate for a way out home. We saw lion today sat at a big dam just watching all the animals it was really good. We also saw lots of elephant, little deer called a stanbock.

We had such a good time it was great.




Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Tisha's friends houseTisha's friends house
Tisha's friends house

Used to be an old tabboco factory.


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb