Empangeni


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » KwaZulu-Natal » Richards Bay
June 12th 2009
Published: June 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

June 12, 2009
So we are off to our journey to the heart of the Drakensberg, but this will not go without the usual hiccups. We recently got a baby kitten, and during all the madness of packing this little thing decides to run away. In the bush. Chris is behind her but fails to get her. So at about 7h30 we decide that it is no use looking for the cat, so we have to go on holiday without knowing if she will return.

We drive the bumpy road next to lake Sibaya until we get to Sodwana bay. We fuel up, check all the oils, pump the tires and away we go. We are due to sleep at Ric, who we bought the Landrover from, but we have to make a stop at the KFC in Hluhluwe, it is tradition, we were working 8 weeks with no sign of take-aways, and this one will be the first of many for the holiday.

Just before lunch we arrive at Ric’s place and almost immediately get back on the road to do some shopping in Richards bay. We have to buy a stove on which we can prepare our food, and had to drive around town for more than an hour, from one place to the next till we get what we want. After buying our warm woollies for the cold mountain we head back to Ric’s place.

The evening we have a fab time braaiing with him and his two sons; Chris and Norman. Have to say the whole double Chris was quite confusing cause you don’t know who they are talking to. After a nice meal, we decide to check out the local nightlife in a small country town. Boy did we have some good laughs. The people are also conscious about fashion, and image, and the funny old characters were so comical. Back at Ric’s place the two Chris’ decide to play a hand of poker and I play the dealer. It was great but after we had a look at the watch and realised it was almost 4am, we decided to go to bed.

My head didn’t hit the pillow and I was out.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb