Top 10 Tourism Destinations


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » KwaZulu-Natal » Durban
August 8th 2012
Published: August 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. France

France is the third-largest European country after Russia and Ukraine. Recovering from the losses it suffered in the two world wars, France today stands as one of the strongest nations of the world, economically, politically and culturally. The country possesses the second-largest Exclusive Economic Zone in the world.

French is the official language of France and is spoken by 270 million people worldwide. It is also the official language of thirty other countries. The major religion is Roman Catholicism. The other religions followed by the French population include Islam, Judaism, Buddhism and Hinduism.

Paris is the capital of the country and is the cultural heart of the Western world. One of the most beautiful and romantic of all cities, the city is also a culture-gully famous for its beautiful structures and the magnificent Museum of Louvre.

<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">2. Spain

Officially referred to as the Kingdom of Spain, Spain is a developed country with the twelfth-largest economy in the world. The country has rich cultural heritage among which bullfighting is the most famous and renowned all over the world. It is considered to be one of the most controversial as well as popular sport in Spain.

Castilian, commonly known as Spanish is the official language of Spain. English and Germany are widely spoken by tourists and foreign residents in the country. Madrid is the capital city of Spain. It is the largest city in Spain with over five million people.

<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">3. USA

A federal republic, United States of America is composed of a federal district - Washington DC- and 50 states. All the states except for Hawaii islands are situated in mainland America.
USA covers the central portion of North America and forms borders with both the North Atlantic Ocean and the North Pacific Ocean, between Canada and Mexico.

The United States of America is world's third-largest country in terms of population. For a large country, the United States is also remarkably uniform linguistically and culturally.

<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">4. Italy

Mont blanc with a height of 4810mts., is the highest point in Italy. Italy is also famous for the two volcanoes, Mount Vesuvius near Naples, the dormant volcano and Mount Etna , the active volcano situated in Sicily. Italy experiences both Mediterranean and Continental type of a climate. Places located on high altitudes are colder and wet than the places located along the coast. Specifically in winter a remarkable difference in temperature is marked while moving from north to south. The east coast is drier in compare to the west coast and is more colder in winter. Rome is the capital city of Italy . Rome is also known for the Roman Catholic Church .

<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">5. China

The incredibly rich cultural heritage of China has fascinated the world for centuries. It has been one of the world's oldest civilizations and the home of a proud and colorful people with a history of revolution and internal turmoil.

China 's present identity is overwhelmingly Communist . After the fall of the erstwhile Soviet Union , The People's Republic of China ( PRC ) remains the largest communist state anywhere in the world.

It is the fourth largest country in the world in terms of land area with Beijing as its capital city. It is divided into 23 sheng or provinces, 5 autonomous zizhiqu or regions and 4 shi or municipalities. The Chinese terrain is mostly mountainous. There are vast deserts like the Gobi in the West while fertile deltas and plains lie mainly in the east. The largest river is the Yangtze Kiang.

<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">6. UK

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, commonly known as United Kingdom or Britain or UK is a sovereign state situated on the north-western coast of Europe. UK comprises of four countries: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

A political union between England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland known as United Kingdom is recognized for advancing science and literature and also for bringing industrial revolution. One of the most developed countries of the world; it was once famous for controlling the quarter of the earth surface. With varied landscapes, multi-cultural societies, United Kingdom is also world's sixth biggest tourist destination.

<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">7. Russia

The Russian Federation is a country situated in northern Eurasia, dissected by the Arctic Circle.

Moscow is the capital city of Russia. With a population of 11,514,330, Moscow is the most populous city in the country. The city serves as the political, administrative, economic, cultural, educational, and transportation center of Russia.

Russia is the largest country in the world. It occupies more than one-eighth of the inhabited land area of the planet. The country is one of the most-visited in the world owing to innumerable attractions.

<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">8. Mexico

Located in North America, Mexico is the thirteenth largest country in the world. The country is bordered by the United States in the north, Pacific Ocean on west and south, Guatemala, Belize, and the Caribbean Sea on Southeast and Gulf of Mexico on East

Mexico is a top world destination for people to visit. Be its ancient pyramids lost in the rainforests, or its flaming hot dishes, or simplythe colorful people of the country, to travel to Mexico is to be a part of a larger adventure

<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">9. Canada

Canada, the second largest country in the world, is a collection of ten fairly large provinces and three territories.

Initially Canada was a colony of the United Kingdom but today it is a free nation. The National Flag of Canada holds a large red maple leaf in the middle with thick red borders on the two sides. Canada represents Federal Constitutional Monarchy with Parliamentary democracy. Toronto is the largest city of the country. The capital of Canada is Ottawa.

The official languages of the country are English and French. Canada is one of the richest countries of the world and is also one of the leading producers of several minerals.

<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">10. Austria

Austria is a mountainous country which is located in Alps. Austria is bordered with Germany, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Italy, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Chez Republic.

As one of the principal European countries, Austria is internationally acclaimed for its spectacular sceneries and strategic position. Surrounded by land surfaces on all sides, Austria is bounded by Czechoslovakia and Germany in the North. The eastern borders of the country are protected by Hungary and Slovakia, while on the west, stand the beautiful Swiss nation and Liechtenstein.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.082s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb