A visit to Westville


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » KwaZulu-Natal » Durban
December 9th 2007
Published: February 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We had a fabulous 10 days in Westville where we used to live. It started with watching the Westville 15km Christmas run that Andy was going to run - but he changed his mind at the last minute. The rest of our stay was filled with meeting up with friends, family and neighbours, and lots of lunches, suppers and even the theatre.

We called in at one of the shopping centres and Andy witnessed the armed guards rushing through the centre as an armed raid was taking place - welcome to South Africa!

Also while in Durban I had to make 2 of the 4 bridesmaid dresses, having arranged to borrow a sewing machine. These had been part made in UK and needed fitting and completing. I only had one day as Danelle had flown up from Cape Town specifically for this reason. Fortunately I managed to complete hers by the time she flew back the next day.

A bit of christmas shopping, Kerry arrived from the UK, a visit to the dentist and a haircut from an ex colleague and we were done.

Next time we have to stay longer here. So many shops to look at, so many restaurants to try again, so many people to see, 10 days just isn't enough!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Lesley and BarrieLesley and Barrie
Lesley and Barrie

Neighbours for many a year


Tot: 0.289s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.2314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb