Final Stop over


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Johannesburg
June 8th 2010
Published: June 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

KrisThemeKrisThemeKrisTheme

plenty of kris related memorabilia
Geo: -26.1538, 28.0389

Well the second leg of the flight, from Singapore to Johannesburg was substantially more painful. Firstly though, it must be noted that Singapore airport is arguably the best around. We had a long 4.5 hours to kill between flights there and it was done easily.
Free internet, free video games, lounges, bars, and other entertainment. Even fish in an indoor jungle you could pet!!
The flight itself sucked when it finally rolled around. It was jam-packed, so there was no room to switch to a vacant couple seats for comfort. Not only was it packed, but packed full of cringable Australian fans... fortunatly it seems the majority left for Durban, not Cape Town.
It took a total of about 5 seconds to get hassled by a local for money upon arrival. Some 'porter' insisted on taking us where we were already headed, and demanded money. We didnt oblige. Note to self, dont respond to anyone who offers any sort of assistance, ever.
Fortunatley, we did not have to stay in Johannesburg for the initially anticipated 6 hours for a stopover. We successfully managed to reschedule our flight and only waited 2 hours.
After a local beer, we were soon on our way to our final destination - Cape Town.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



10th June 2010

Good to see Bling has wasted no time in finding the bar. Make sure he pays his tab!

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb