Johannesburg


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Johannesburg
October 17th 2012
Published: October 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Johannesburg a.k.a Jozi, is responsible for delivering one of the best enteratainment and historical features in South Africa. Enriched with culture, heritage and history, the city offers a variety of interesting and entertaining aspects, when combined, creates an extremely fun and flavoured holiday.

Apartheid Museum is one of the main historical venues one could visit, here you will be able to see what South Africans living in the Apartheid era went through and how they lived. Educating and tapping into the intrigue of how the struggle of Apartheid was introduced and overcome. Complimenting the Aparthied Museum is Gold Reef City Casino,Theme Park and Theartre, which is all situated opposite the museum.

Gold Reef City boasts a rich variety of boredom-curing activities. It is almost hard to choose which to enjoy first. The casino provides for the heart-pumping thrill of risk and reward. Classic and intuitive ways of "winning it all" are what makes the casino a fun place to be. Accompanying the casino is the Gold Reef City Theme Park.

The Theme Park is jam packed with extraordinary rides that will be sure to have your heart beating through your chest. With rides for the young and old it as an amazing day out for the entire family. The main attractions in Gold Reef City are the Anaconda (one fast roller coaster), The Tower of terror (a ninety degree angle drop to your doom), The Miners Revenge (a wild, stomach turning ride) and the 4D Theatre where watching a movie turns to reality.

Another exciting venue to visit would be Monte Casino and Hotel. Breath-taking architecture encloses marvellous shopping outlets for you to induldge during the day. Exquisite cuisine is easily accessible for you to enjoy after purchasing a new attire for the night life that Monte Casino more than caters for. When the night of fun is over one can retire to a beautifully, caressing hotel room where you are made to feel like royalty.

Constitutional Hill located in Hillbrow showcases Nelson Mandela's stay in prison and the cell he was retained in. Constitutional Hill outlines the inhumane treatment of prisoners held there. Allow sensitivity to take over you when looking into a window of the past and a day in the life of a freedom fighter and national hero.

This is just the tip of the iceberg to what Jozi has to offer!!! Don't miss out on the magic of 'MZANSI'.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb