Cape Town


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Johannesburg
October 17th 2012
Published: October 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Cape Town is a beautiful place to visit any time of the year. Pay no mind to the wind for nothing will "bring you up" like the warm and holiday spirit of residents and holiday makers within the tropical city. During the day there are many exciting places to visit, among all of them, Table Mountain being one of 7 wonders of the world is a must see.

With a tremendous and beautiful trail the mountain will challenge you but at the same time reward you with it's stunning scenery. However, if one is feeling lazy but still wants to awe in its majesty, there is always cable cars rotating to and fro from foot to mountain top.

You could also visit Robben Island where the cell of political activist/freedom fighter/ hero Nelson Mandela was detained during the Apartheid era. Take a boat ride to Seal Island,where research is conducted by profound ecologists and geologists on the study of sharks, seals and their habitat. Seal Island makes for the battle between shark and seal, the hunter and the hunted.

A tourist would also appreciate the Blue Flag beaches that Cape Town has to offer, not forgetting Sandy Bay's Nude beach for when one feels the need to loosen up. There are plenty of shopping attractions in and around the city, catering for all one's shopping desires as Cape Town is the hub of fashion in South Africa. Most well known of these shopping heavens is Canal Walk, which has a 5 star rating due to its extensive and elloborate retail outlets by the "Big Names".

One has to experience the exciting night life that Cape Town has to offer. A definite "go to" is Long street, with unique and energetic clubs, this will be sure to fullfill all your music and dance needs. Wonderfully themed night clubs will address all genres of music and also incorparate the mood and vibe expressed in these genres. Long street is not just confined to the night, it is equally exciting and buzzes on during the day too, making it the ultimate party and chill-out hot spot.

Cape Town makes for one of the best holiday destinations in South Africa.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb