One Day in Jo'Burg


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Johannesburg
July 3rd 2006
Published: July 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Petting a white lion cubPetting a white lion cubPetting a white lion cub

Petting a white lion cub in the Lion Park.
I arrived in Jo'Burg which apparently is the most dangerous city in South Africa, and you could easily see it was. Every home had 10 feet high fences with razor wire along the top and 2-3 guard dogs barking.

I had one day there until I would meet Jas and Ryan in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.

I spent the first part of the morning in Lion Park where I got to see many lion's of course along with other animals. The highlight of this trip was petting a white lion cub and driving through lion dens.

I then went to Monte Casino, which looks like a giant castle from the outside, but the inside is desinged to appear like you are outside in an old aged town. The shops looked like old houses and the ceiling was painted like the sky.

After the casino I went back to my hostel near the airport, where I walked around through the neighbourhood for a while. Returning to the hostel I attempted to read my second book ever since grade 12, "Under and Alone", which Jord had left me on his visit to Sydney a few weeks back.

The
ZebraZebraZebra

A zebra in the Lion Park.
next morning I caught my flight and flew to Dar to meet up with Jas and Ryan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

LionessLioness
Lioness

A lioness in the Lion Park.
LionLion
Lion

A lion in the Lion Park.
Monte CasinoMonte Casino
Monte Casino

The outside of Monte Casino.
Inside Monte Casino 1Inside Monte Casino 1
Inside Monte Casino 1

The inside of Monte Casino.
Inside Monte Casino 2Inside Monte Casino 2
Inside Monte Casino 2

Another shot of the inside of Monte Casino.


Tot: 0.217s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 80; dbt: 0.1585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb