Ek wil graag tyd vir die internet kry...


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Johannesburg
June 6th 2010
Published: June 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

It has been awhile... times have been quite hectic lately- World Cup is basically here and it shows... people swamping into the hostel- of all cultures and types... miscommunication is rampant as no one here speaks Korean and I speak more Spanish than anyone- and that is basically nothing!! But things are good... watching some great games lately, meeting interesting people- and of course we get the ones that - well- are less desirable... I do not understand why some people travel, they just want to feel like they are still at home, why not just stay at home and give us less of a headache?? I will have photos soon of our trip to the Lion Park ( and feeding the giraffes)- plus last night we went to see Die Radio Kalahari Orkes, my favourite band from South Africa... it was great to see them live finally... quite fun, met some wonderful people that confirm everything I always say about South Africans- if they know you for one minute, they will give you their heart and home... We had the manager of the place basically babysitting us as he found out we were from elsewhere- offering a place to stay if the job doesn't work out- a woman from Pretoria gave us her number and said we can visit her there and we can stay at her mother's empty cottage by Mossel Bay , right on the beachfront... for free... and one of the guys in the band gave me a shirt for free.
photos to come soon...
take care...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.043s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb