Out of Africa ... and into Asia


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Johannesburg
February 18th 2008
Published: February 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Last night in South Africa is upon us - post safari & Swaziland, we're on our way to Singapore tomorrow, where we do South East Asia.

Just outside Jo'burg right now, but everything seems a bit more flat after you've seen leopards, elephants, hyenas, and most other animals at 6.30 am! Safari was brilliant - Kruger park is the size of Israel, so pretty big and endless.

Got to see 'The Big 5' - Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Buffalo and Rhino. Most sightings were due to the guy who was taking us around - could spot rhinos 300 metres away through trees and grass while driving...

Hippos, Giraffes, Crocodiles and Hyenas were also around - at one point, a couple of hyenas were just sleeping by the side of the road, 2 metres from the car! Elephants and giraffes crossing the roads are also weird sights - plus we heard some pretty scary tales of Mozambiques who have to cross through Kruger park to get into South Africa without a visa - the lions get them mostly.

Asia next - noodles by the bucketload. Anyway, Will's itching to do his blog, which will be much more interesting & detailed. Shane is gearing up for his first blog entry too - so hold on tight!

Hope you're all less sweaty than us,

Anil

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb