Saigon


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
March 10th 2008
Published: March 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

3 million bikes and scooters means that crossing the road is always a near death experience, so i'm going to start off by saying i'm lucky to be alive. Saigon is brilliant - total chaos and kind of like Thailand, just not as far developed touristy wise, which is good. Asia so far has been pretty hectic - Cambodia was pretty good, if nothing else then for the cheap beer and temples in the Jungle, and got to meet some really good people on our tour through it. Also did English football proud by giving the Cambodians a good game, breaking our feet and sweating bucketloads while playing.

Got to see some of the Vietnamese sights too - the tunnel networks the Vietnamese used to fight off the Yanks were pretty amazing, and seeing booby traps in the jungle was also cool. So much stuff here we all want to buy - all 6 series of Scrubs can be found for 3.50, which is impossible to resist. Apart from a few minor cases of the shits, draught beer for 12 and a half p, the odd elephant wondering down the road and people trying to sell you things from chewing gum to canvas paintings, we're all still breathing, still not showering and still missing you all back home.

Anil x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0912s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb