Coffee Bay- Transki


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Eastern Cape » Coffee Bay
December 6th 2008
Published: January 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Coffee Bay..... what can I say...AMAZING!! We camped on a plot of grass walking distance from the beach and 2secs from the booze. As new arrivals we had to run through the HOUSE/BAR Rules. Buffalo seemed to be a great rule as during the holiday a lot of backpackers got hammered. This is where we started the early morning routine.....Craig wakes me up at 5:30, coffee and then a dawny (early morning surf)! The weather was beautiful almost every day. We met a lot of people mostly Gap Year students (which made us feel like ballies). Hole in the Wall was fantastic and we did a bit of snorkleing. I quickley learnt that mozzies love me and I have pommy skin (so fried). On one of the days the surf was blown out and Craig decided it would be fun to snorkel across the river mouth at high tide. The snorkel ended up being a 300m sprint freestlye as the waves were forcing us onto the rocks (every man for themself), the first and last time we did that. Sitting at the breakfast table we met this hippy Marie-Claire who has been travelling for 18 years (incrediable). She makes this beautiful jewlrey so one morning we went up to her hut on the hill (one room, no eletricity, no TV etc..). We spent 2 hours up there listening to her travel/life stories while she weaved us some new rings and made us choc mint tea (grown in her garden). Coffee Bay was WOW....and we were very sad to leave.


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Jonno & CraigJonno & Craig
Jonno & Craig

Crazy Aussie
KiranKiran
Kiran

Kiran had been travelling for 65 days through Africa
AllanAllan
Allan

Funny funny Irishman


29th January 2009

hi guys!
Hi! Just wana say i like what u guys are doing on ur blog so far and keep us posted! Enjoy the rest of your touring and good luck with everything.. Regards philip

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb