Addo Elephant Park


Advertisement
Published: December 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After two nights at Tsitsikamma national park (where we didnt do much as Alice was feeling ill) we made our way to Addo Elephant Park, a national park of 380,000 hectares. We arrived late afternoon and after setting up our tent (safely inside the fence of the main camp) we went on an evening game drive. Unfortunately we didnt see any lions but we did get right up close to a pack of hyenas. We saw cubs playing, others feeding on carcasses and calling to each other. It really was very entertaining! The next day we spent the day driving around the park in our own car. We got really close to a herd of elephants who came right up next to the car. T'here were calves playing together and others eating and bathing in the water hole. They are beautiful creatures and was just amazing to see them up so close! We saw a lot of other animals too, zebra, kudu, eland, tortoises, buffalo, warthogs and of course dung beetles (who have right of way on the roads!). We also saw a Cape Cobra which flared up at us as we drove past.

Had an amazing time!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb