Seemingly we have a social life


Advertisement
Seychelles' flag
Africa » Seychelles » Mahé
July 11th 2010
Published: September 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Maybe we’re not as interesting as our friends are, as we seem to have had more invites since they’ve been here…

Day two of their arrival and we’re at a teacher’s party/ crèche, the floor crawling with crawling babies. I feel left out of this latest must have accessory but then that’s nothing new, I’m a bit of a laggard (I’m writing this on a Commodore 64). The other one and I go hang out by the drinks table, mingle and act on our best behaviour - quite a feat for the other one seeing as though he can drink freely as NRG kindly offered to drive, though we did realise when we got home that we’d actually forgotten to take the bottle of wine we’d bought for them- oops.

Day four of visit and we were round the other one’s colleague’s house for dinner, nearly missing their house and needing his colleague to come find us like a St Bernard - not the first time we’ve needed such rescue! We had a lovely night, thanks to our lovely hosts and as course after course came out I wish I’d been born Italian. Mancunian doesn’t really do it. We also, madly, admired the tiny falcon that has apparently taken to perching on their roof but after ooooohing and aahhing and asking the requisite questions like how often does it come here, do you feed it and have you ever seen the film the birds, there’s not really much conversation left.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb