Day trip to famous Anse d'Argent on La Digue...


Advertisement
Seychelles' flag
Africa » Seychelles » La Digue
February 15th 2020
Published: February 24th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Here we are exploring the Seychelles again, one week-end at a time, one island each time! Today, we are on a day trip to La Digue. The plan is to spend some quality time on the world famous Anse d'Argent beach.



We left home pretty early morning for the ferry terminal on Victoria. There isn't any direct speed ferry from Mahe to La Digue on Saturday, so each way today we are doing a little 15 minutes transfer on the island of Praslin.



There is not supposed to be any car on La Digue. Well, I can tell you the place is pretty busy with taxis around. Instead, like most, we rent bicycles for the day. First impression, wow, this place is super crowded. I have to admit we live at the Southern point of the main Island of Mahe. Next to home, there are very few tourist accommodation. So yes our own beach of Intendance is visited everyday by few tourists...but this is not Beau Vallon crowds! Here today in La Digue...well, it's not high season, but the place feel so crowded!



We spent few hours basking in the sun on Anse D'argent. I have to admit the place is pretty gorgeous. By finding a spot on the sand early enough...and right at the end of the beach, we avoid a lot of the crowds! If you know me, I'm not a huge fan of spending time on beaches. But here it is a little different....beaches around the Seychelles are so beautiful that I don't mind some time on the sand few times per week!



No big hotels around here. It's mainly little B&Bs or other self catering. Interesting enough, we didn't spot many other cute beaches beside the one of Anse d'Argent.



Time did fly super fast today, and it was soon time to go back for our return ferry via Praslin one more time! No time for much terrace time. I have to admit, if you ask the locals which restaurant they like, they will give you most of the time the name of a take-away. In the Seychelles, you have expensive bad restaurants, and expensive good restaurants. We found our marks...but cook most of the time at home.



Imagine, we are just few days from our six months here! As always, when in paradise, time flies! Next island trip is few week-end from now. This time you can guess, it's going to be fun time on Praslin...and back to play the Lemuria golf club for me, just over ten years since last time I play it!



Hope you enjoy the pictures! Next blog is coming soon, but from a slightly colder place!


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.1085s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb