Rwanda Genocide


Advertisement
Rwanda's flag
Africa » Rwanda » Ville de Kigali » Kigali
January 22nd 2014
Published: January 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

The Rwanda genocide was the massacre of approximately a million Tutsi civilians. The event that sparked the genocide was the plane crash/assassination of the President of Rwanda, Juvénal Habyarimana, who was a Hutu. The event gave the Hutu, the majority, to slaughter all the Tutsi, the minority, and then the genocide began. The reason for the Hutu savage character was they lost political power, and gave Tutsi more political power. With the days after the president’s death, mass killing started to emerge, Hutu neighbors would kill Tutsi killing right next door, and civilian death squads, and militias were created. Tutsi civilians hid in forests, escaped into Uganda, went to churches or hospital, which later became deathtrap. The aftermath was about a million Tutsi deaths, a group called Rwandan Patriotic Front (RPF), which was a group of Tutsi rebel group, which took over Rwanda and made the Hutu to leave to Republic of Congo. With the Hutu gone, grieving took place and people question of the United Nations help. There was UN army in Rwanda but the choice to help stop the genocide was rejected and with spread out forces and little manpower, the massacre continued. In the end, the genocide was a massacre for power that was switched backed and forth from the minority, Tutsi, and the majority, Hutu.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0822s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb