Rwanda Genocide


Advertisement
Rwanda's flag
Africa » Rwanda » Ville de Kigali » Kigali
January 22nd 2014
Published: January 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

RwandaRwandaRwanda

www.ppu.org.uk
A war/genocide from history would have to be the Rwanda Genocide. What occurred at the time for this genocide to even begin was that at 8:30pm on April 6th, 1994 President Juvenal Habyarimana was returning from a summit in Tanzania when a surface to air missile shot his plane out of the sky over Rwanda's capital city of Kigali. All on board were killed in the crash. The effect of this is that within 24 hours the Hutu had taken over the government, blamed the Tutsis for the assassination, and begun the slaughter. they checked identification cards and killed all who were Tutsi. Most of the killings were done with machetes, clubs, or knives. Approximately 800,000 Tutsis and Hutu sympathizers were killed during this genocide. Over the next few days and weeks, road blocks were set up around Rwanda. On April 7th the prime minister was killed also by Hutu extremist. Many other things happened in accordance to the death of President Juvenal Habyarimana as well. However, the Rwanda Genocide ended in mid July 1994 when the RPF (Rwandan Patriotic Front) slowly began taking control of the country.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Rwanda GenocideRwanda Genocide
Rwanda Genocide

http://modernhistoryproject2012.wordpress.com/


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb