Niger and T.H.E B.O.M.B


Advertisement
Niger's flag
Africa » Niger
February 28th 2013
Published: March 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

After reading the articles and watching the video's the most eye opening thing to me was reading about Niger. This country is in very bad shape. It is the second poorest country in the world and is only getting worse. There is a terrible famine that is devastating the whole country. Out of every 1000 children that are born, 262 fail to make it to the age of 5. Although the situation in Niger is terrible, they are not the only country facing the famine problems. Many of their neighboring countries such as, Mali, Ethiopia and many others are being effected by this. Alot of this problem can be contributed to the Bad Geography. These countries fall near the equator and deal with extreme tempuatures. This makes it very difficult for these countries to grow crops. Obviously another part of T.H.E B.O.M.B that effects this country is health and sickness. When there is no sufficient food, it is nearly impossible for a population to not get sick. Niger also sufferes from a bad government. They have completely relied on outside help from aid programs to fix the famine issue. Food actually became more expensive when the government tried to intervene and fix the problem. The price of Millet which is the main source of food, skyrocketed and families were forced to sell their cattle just to afford a small portion of food. Clearly that is not helping the problem, its making it worse.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb