India and T.H.E B.O.M.B


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
February 27th 2013
Published: February 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

India has a very interesting situation going on right now. The economy is one of the fastest growing in the world yet most of the country is still suffering from extreme poverty. It is shocking that 70% of India's population lives on less than 2 dollars a day. In my mind most of the poverty is caused from overpopulation. There is about 1.2 billion people that live in India. This is the second largest population in the world only to china. Although India has a very large portion of land, the population seems to all be concentrated in a few areas. This causes poverty to be at its worst. We saw this in the film "Born Into Brothels". Thousands of people live in small congested areas with little clean water and sanitation. This then results in sickness and disease. Another issue that India suffers from is a bad government. Actually, India doesnt exactly have a bad government. In fact in 1991, socialism ended and India switched to a democracy. Unfortunately there is a huge problem with this. With a government so large, there are so many conflicting interests that it makes it very difficult to get anything accomplished. Although India is struggling in some areas, the country has a very bright future. The country only started to reform 20 years ago. According to NationMaster, India's GDP has an annual growth of 9.23% which is three times as much as the United States.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.476s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb