Sunday 6th November 2016


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia
November 11th 2016
Published: November 11th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Left our last camp site in Namibia today. It's partly sad to leave as it's such a wonderful country with vast mountains and unbelievably huge empty spaces but we're all looking forward to proper roads and an end to the dust. We had 304 km to do today. Climbed up out of the ravine and turned onto yet another gravelly road that shakes every bit of you and you cannot believe that a motorhome can still hold together (just in our case and many others)! Finally arrived on B1 to Noordoever at the border. Lovely smooth tarmac but we had to drive carefully as our tyres were still deflated for the gravel roads. There were no instructions what to do at the border. We were directed in the motorhome to all sorts of places. In the end we parked up and a South African showed us where we had to present our passports. Unbeknown to us we had filled in forms on entering Namibia and had guessed at our length of stay in Namibia. This information was used for a visa stamp in our passports. Alec and Alison had underestimated and were threatened with court for staying too long. Fortunately Christo managed to persuade the authorities that they were part of the group and there had been a mix up. So we filled in more forms and left Namibia. Then we had to report to police to reimport the motorhome and have our documents checked. Finally we got through and were back in South Africa. We climbed up mountain roads and crossed plains to Springbok. Here we had the tyres topped up, restocked with provisions and checked into the campsite. Very nice small site in the hills. We then all set about using the washing machines and cleaning the vans inside and out of all the Namibian sand and dust. It was good to feel clean again. If only we had a hoover!

Had a swim to cool off after all the hard work. We then all had a barbecue on our patch. Christo joined us for a drink but we soon finished as it got cool and windy.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.263s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0551s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb