Friday 4th November 2016


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia
November 11th 2016
Published: November 11th 2016
Edit Blog Post

This morning we were woken by the cockerels crowing. There are quite a few animals here. One was a Great Dane who was very friendly and even shook hands with Simon! Roads slightly better today but still concrete and gravel. We came across Tom and Sue who had a puncture. Simon again came to the rescue and used our jack as Tom's wouldn't lift the van high enough. He soon sped off afterwards and left us behind in the dust!Stopped on the way in Helmeringhausen for a lovely coffee and applecake in the hotel's lovely garden. Eventually arrived in Aus. Staying in a lovely camp site set in the hill. We were parked under a tree with a huge social nest of weaver birds. We watched the birds fly in and out to feed their young and bring new bits of material to the nest. We also have a few tiny little mice running around. More laughter today when Alec got caught in the sand for a second time. The men pulled him out pulling on Simon's and Christo's ropes.

Later walked up the hill past ostriches up to a viewpoint from which we see the next plain over the surrounding rocky hills.

Had another braai with the usual gang.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.319s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb