Thursday 27th October 2016


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia
October 30th 2016
Published: October 30th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Had last blog saved but can't work out how to add to it before publishing, such an amateur! But last night 2 zebra came on site at our meeting. I think it was the grass that attracted them.

Had a lovely meal at the camp restaurant and watched the staff playing music and then singing happy birthday to one of the customers. Lovely atmosphere and ending to a good day. Today we drove to Outjo for topping up with diesel and once again changing the tyre pressures. The heat and road conditions means constant changes. We stocked up at the supermarket being caught by those wanting to sell us things or look after the van for afee of course! We then went to a super bakery and bought rusks very good dunked in coffee and pasties for lunch. Then had delicious iced coffees. Then it was back on the road to Khorixas. On way turned off to Vingerklip finger rock, which was very interesting. Huge piece of larva which has been there for 15 million years perched on a rock. We climbed up in 41c heat, fantastic view from the top like I imagine Arizona to be. I got vertigo and had to hold on tight.

It was then back on the D road back to the main road. It was a concrete grooved road which shook us and everything in the van but through interesting scenery and steep slopes across dry riverbeds. Finally made it to the camp site but as last in we ended up in the lorry park. Still at least we were nearest to the rather dubious ablutions! A group of us had a barbecue or braii as they call it here) then went to the bar to watch Nubian dancing.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.293s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb