More straight roads, but Etosha is certainly worth the drive


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia
March 12th 2020
Published: March 12th 2020
Edit Blog Post

We had another lovely breakfast at our campsite, that makes 2 Full English breakfasts and the only constant is Warwick. Most of the day was filled with driving about 650km down very straight and empty roads to reach the Etosha National Park. It was a long and extremely boring drive but the roads were excellent and so we made good time and speed.

We arrived at Etosha in the heat of the afternoon about 3pm so before going on a game drive we decided to hit the swimming pool. It would be fair to say East Africa could learn a lot from Namibia on what a good public campsite looks like. We were treated and the shop at the campsite even sold us our first ice cream (note the presence of Warwick again).

We headed off for a game drive along the Etosha salt pans and we were spoilt with wildlife including many giraffe and then 2 Cheetahs. To be fair the first Cheetah was lying down and we only really saw it through binoculars and it only sat up momentarily before lying down. However the second one was crossing a river and we definitely enjoyed watching him.

The salt pan is huge and very impressive and we’ve only just scratched the surface and will spend all day in the park tomorrow. Hopes are high for more excellent wildlife.

We’re currently cooking kebabs on the BBQ as the sunsets.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb