Oktoberfest!!!!


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia » Windhoek
October 30th 2015
Published: November 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Well Oktoberfest was everything I thought it would be! The first night (Friday night) was really fun and a good practice for the main day (Saturday). There was a band that came over from Germany to do a bunch of traditional songs and dances. I had the pleasure of hanging out with about 8 people from the US who were doing a Peace Corps thing in Zambia. They were definitely happy to be out and about drinking their faces off…lol. Rowdiness aside I tried to get a freshly baked pretzel for a snack, but after standing in line for half an hour I found out they were out of those!!! Nuts! At the end of the night someone ungratefully split my big dread…It used to be 13 dreads that grew into one and now its like 6 and 7…DAMNIT!!! But oh well, im sure they will grow back together.







Saturday was even more fun as I linked up with an Ozzy named Zac and an Italian named Matteo. We decided to go on a road trip together the next day so it was a good opportunity to get to know my travel mates. We had many beers and maybe a few shots, but I definitely had like 5 pretzels throughout the day :D For a good break from the drinking festivities we decided to go across the street and have some fun on the go-kart track. First the workers said it would be about a 40 minute wait, so we went back and had another beer. Then when we came back they said it would be another 30 minutes, so we naturally went back for another beer. Then when we came back they said the same thing and we said no and got in the karts. We had a lot of fun apparent by Zac going the wrong way down the track and Matteo finishing in first (he had experience actually racing karts in Dubai (read: cheating…)) hahaha. Back to the festivities we got a little split up while I was hanging out with some locals and when I found Matteo again he informed me that Zac already went back to the hostel so we continued til it got dark and back for us too. Everyone made it safely back home with plenty of time for a good night’s rest as we needed to be on the road for adventure early the next morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb