Day 195 - A cure for hangovers...


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia » Swakopmund
January 13th 2007
Published: January 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

The day began late with our worst hangovers in a while - well since the New Year. Luckily we'd missed the free breakfast of cereal and toast so were able to go and find bacon and eggs instead. Internet access in Africa is much worse than Latin America's - significantly slower, dearer and rarer. So we took advantage of being in a relatively developed town and spent 3 hours on the computer writing our blog and planning the rest of our trip. The hangover was still there at lunch time so we had a cheeseburger to try and shift it. The hangover was soon a distant memory though, but that was nothing to do with the greasy food...in the afternoon we went quadbiking in the sand dunes. This was probably the most fun we've had so far in the 6 months we've been away - or at least joint first with whitewater rafting and skydiving. It was probably better for Ed than for Gemma though because rather unfairly a handful of lucky people (including Ed) got a 250cc bike whilst everyone else had much less poweful 125cc (and Ed was not going to swap!). Anyway we have made plans for doing some more sanddune quadbiking in Australia but where we both have decent machines. Sand dunes could have been built with quadbikes in mind, they go together so well. The place where we went quadbiking had gone a little OTT with their display of a letter and many photos of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, who enjoyed the quads so much they apparently went 13 times when they were in Namibia.

The evening was a slightly less drunken replay of the previous night - same restaurant followed by same bar. Group decision making can be so unimaginative sometimes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 20; qc: 103; dbt: 0.0861s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb