Etosha National Park


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia » Etosha National Park
November 9th 2015
Published: November 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We had to make a pit stop in Windhoek to drop off Zac because he needed to leave the country and go back to work on a game reserve in Botswana. Sad to see a fellow cohort disembark from a journey, but glad he came with and partook in all activities J We also extended the car rental from 6 days to 15 cuz theres so much to do and see in this country! Back on the road after a final meal together we decided to stop in the town of Otjiwarongo for some cheap camping. Cheapest ive seen my entire 3 months yet. The next day we made it to Etosha National Park for my second safari of this cross continental campaign. We saw soooo many animals but im going to list the good ones; 4 male lions resting in some shade and 1 pregnant female at night, only 2 elephants, but they are the largest on the planet here in Etosha, about 8 black rhinos including one baby, countless Zebras, including numerous pregnant ones, countless giraffes, also one that was preggers. We also saw the usual springbok, kudu, red hartebeest, wildebeest, warthogs, hyenas, jackels, and a couple of new ones for me including a group of silly meerkats and one I was super excited to see- dik diks!!! Ooooh they are sooo cute. Both new ones actually, but the dik dik is the smallest of the antelope family and not too shy so we could get pretty close. So cute! In the park we also had our second flat tire of the trip. You are supposed to stay in the vehicle the whole time for safety reasons so this was probably the fastest tire change outside of NASCAR. Lol. But we made it through everything and I finally got to see the elusive lion. Super happy about that because I missed them in Kruger National Park and its been haunting me ever since…The black rhinos are the rare ones so that was awesome to see a baby one too! And wow everything was pregnant. Guess its that time of year over here. So lucky to snap a few photos of everything. Next stop….HIMBALAND!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb