Luderitz and Fish River Canyon


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia » Fish River Canyon
November 6th 2015
Published: November 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

On the road again down to a place called Luderitz. This town is home to some of the fastest wind surfing on the planet as well as a ghost town lying on the outskirts. The ghost town is a ruminant of the diamond era which came and went in the area. Apparently it is also the home of the first x-ray machine used too. Probably to find the jewels people be tryin to sneak out. Ha. When we got to the ghost town it was closed so Zac jumped the fence to snap a few pics for us all J The other awesome thing about Luderitz was the hostel where I triedto camp at. The owner was gracious enough to offer me a sweet little dig instead of camping, as its super windy all the time. I happily agreed when I saw the little ship on stilts. Whaaaaaaaaat?!?!?! I got to stay in what was pretty much half a boat. There was a steering wheel, shifter knob, and 2 racks just like racks when I worked on the boat in the Bahamas. So fun! Probably the coolest/weirdest place I have ever stay on my travels. HA! Nothing else about Luderitz, but it was on the way to the Fish River Canyon. BOOOOOM. Really excited about that one.







The Fish River Canyon is one of the largest butt cracks on the planet and definitely an iconic one! No public transportation goes to this place so being part of a road trip is really the only way to visit it. Yay! Stunning in scale and beautiful in scape this place if full of wonder including a 5 day hike that apparently isn’t allowed during the time we were there because the temperature simply gets too hot. Wow…Also, there were some curious birds bold enough to eat the peanuts right out of my hand so I had to partake with childlike wonder. Aaaand then came the action stuff as boys will be boys so we had to take plenty of pics doing silly things. Hehehe. Both Matteo and I agreed we will probably be the death of each other because our motivational skills push limits. Fuuuuuuuuuun! Next stop Windhoek!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb