Leopard on way to Crocodile Bridge


Advertisement
Mozambique's flag
Africa » Mozambique
June 10th 2014
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -25.1201, 31.9158

Got to the gate and decided to head toward Crocodile Bridge. This is always the question when you are waiting at the gate, which direction will you go? We decided to head toward Crocodile Bridge and one of the first things we had was a small herd of buffalo. We also saw ostrich, and elephant.

One of those quirky things that happened to us earlier on this trip was when we were at Letaba and passed a car and saw them later and they told us a leopard had crossed the road behind us so "should we pass this car or not?".

Well we decided to pass a car and not much further, Robert says, "stop", there is a leopard. Stop and the car we had passed moves on and there is a leopard. Watched it cross the road and head on down a path presumably to hunt and maybe to the water.

We also saw another wooly necked stork and two rhino fairly near the road. We got back to the camp and our neighbors had taken S127 and seen everything except elephant so we decided that would be our road for the evening drive.

Took off on our evening drive down the S127 and first thing we saw was a rhino on the side of the road. Went to a waterhole and saw and mother and young rhino drinking. It was so nice to see. We watched them for awhile and then decided to move on.

When we pulled out of the waterhole, there were two very large rhino on the other side of the road. They must have either seen us or caught our scent because they suddenly wheeled and moved their massive bodies at a very rapid pace away from us.




Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb