More Sand


Advertisement
Mozambique's flag
Africa » Mozambique
September 10th 2009
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -23.8556, 35.5481

Long day in the saddle saw us head into Zarao following the promise of camp sites. Arrived and checked in, setup the RTT (Roof Top Tent) with a view straight out onto the sea not less than 50 mtrs away. The camping fees were expensive at $240 meticals (about $10 AUD each) given the amenities were very simple. The hot water system worked fantastically once the gas burner fired up scolding water flowed forth and providing you were not standing in front of it helped kill off the mosquitoes.. very handy.

We bumped into a Irish National who is now living at Zorao having setup a diving business with some Mozambique doods.. nice chap good for a chat and gave us some great tips. His biggest complaint to date was during the off season he had to spend time teaching fat white South Africans how to dive!!

We awoke to a clear morning with the sun rise straight out of the RTT window over the sea, about 200mtr off shore were 3 or 4 humpback whales blowing and playing about.

Off to inhambane for supplies.

Porte De Tofo 11th Sep

We sat in an open restaurant (well that's what the sign said) and watched more whales jumping and playing about. I think it was a mother and baby humpback as the mother would expose nearly half of her length straight up and splash down and the little one would try to match.. not nearly as spectacular however it was cute.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0132s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb