5 Vital Pointers for Traveling in Morocco


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco
March 10th 2019
Published: March 10th 2019
Edit Blog Post

One of the most common comments about Morocco is that the people are exceptionally gracious. This is absolutely true! Generosity is the fabric of the nation, and you will find it everywhere, from the poorest villages to the wealthiest enclaves.

#1 Do your research! Find out what areas of Morocco are of interest, and what activities you might want to participate in. Morocco geography is very similar to California and offers wine tasting, wind surfing, horseback riding, mountain climbing and much more. That, of course, in addition to traveling to the Sahara Desert and meeting the nomads who have lived there for thousands of years. Figure out what your interests are, and plan your trip around them.

#2 If you want to guarantee a spectacular experience, and you have a budget, hire a chauffeur/tour guide who will drive you all around Morocco and make sure you're okay the whole time. These drivers/guides are multi-lingual and exceptionally accommodating, and it is well worth it to engage their services. Vehicle sizes range from sedans to minivans, and they allow you much more freedom in your travels and also give you a safety net of having a native "family member." (More than
likely, you'll be invited home for a meal!)

#3 The food is delectable in Morocco, mostly Arab and Berber fare with influences from France, and the variety is dazzling! The traditional Moroccan dish is called Tagine, and comes in almost infinite variation... beef with prunes, chicken and almonds, fish, goat, lamb and vegetable. The "fast" food in Morocco for lunch or dinner is a tagine, and tagine shops are everywhere, waiting for you. A tagine is also a particular conical shaped pottery, in which the meal is cooked. It's almost impossible to go wrong!

#4 The water is not drinkable in Morocco, you will get sick if you consume ice cubes (except in higher end hotels), eat salads or brush your teeth with the water. The only option is bottled water, and they don't have any regulations for BPA in their plastic bottles, so the very best idea is to purchase a portable water filter to use while you're there. It's okay to eat fruit if you peel the skin - such as bananas, oranges, avocados, etc.

#5 Be open to spontaneous fun! Moroccans are dedicated to enjoying life to the fullest and there are ALWAYS festivals,
celebrations and gatherings, so be open to altering your schedule for those unplanned experiences.

In our experience, the only people who have a bad experience in Morocco are the people who get Tourista - sick from drinking the water. Everyone else raves about the beauty, the hospitality, the diversity... and travels home with gleeful, unforgettable memories of this exotic land.

Our morocco tour companies has thousands of gratified clients. We help you design the tour of your dreams, and make sure you have the most fabulous journey of your life.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.409s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0789s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb