Our second day in Morocco


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Tangier-Tétouan » Chefchaouen
May 17th 2017
Published: July 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 35.1716, -5.27069

We awoke this morning to the "call to prayer", such a characteristic element of the Muslim world. We enjoyed a nice breakfast of bread, cheese, olives, jams, honey, crepes and coffee, prepared by our Riad host. We then met Morad for a nice, leisurely stroll of the Medina and old town of Chefchaouen. This beautiful, mountain-top city has many buildings which are painted blue, giving the town a cool and unique feel. Unlike places like Egypt, here the shopkeepers do not aggressively try to drag you into their shops, and our walk through the city is most pleasant. We top for a coffee in a cafe on the main square, before heading out to drive back to Tangier.
Upon arriving back in Tangier, Morad takes us to one of his favourite old restaurants, with all of 4 tables, where we enjoy a fine meal. Then, at Pat's request, we stop in a shop that sells Moroccan Arian oil, a uniquely Moroccan product that is very good for the skin and hair.
Finally, Morad and Omar drop us at the port, and we enjoy the nice evening crossing back to Spain. We have thoroughly enjoyed our brief visit to Morocco, and would heartily recommend it to our friends.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb