First trip to Africa!


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Grand Casablanca » Casablanca
February 9th 2009
Published: June 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

February 9th, 2009 Casablanca, Morocoo
Currently on the train to Marrakech, 3.5 hours south of Casa. We arrived in Morocco yesterday after a long day of traveling. So let’s reflect. Yesterday, February 8th, I woke up at 7, I took the bus at 8:25 et I arrived at the train station around 845. I had only slept about 4 hours because I went out Saturday night to Falstaff to say bye to Kat and do karaoke. I did Disturbia and Womanizer with Domi - so much fun! Our train to Paris was at 934ish, Maury Hannah Ita and I were on it. We arrived in Paris at 1115 and Lydia was there waiting with her two friends, Jane and Molly. We walked around through Jardin du Luxembourg and saw a huge gold head statue! Strange, then we ate lunch at a place called WOK near Montparnasse train station. It was like fried rice and had an amazing brownie for desert. It as only 7 euro, not bad for a lunch in Paris! Then we hopped on the train/RER and headed for Charles de Gaulle for our flight. We arrived early so had time to grab a café and a beignet (Apricot). So delicious! We had all checked in except for Hannah so once she was able to check in we went through security. We spent lots of time in the perfume shop . It was hilarious because Hannah put bronzer on one cheek and not on the other so we made her go back to the shop and put some on the other side. The waiting room was boring, there were no toilettes! And only a snack machine. We boarded our plane around 410pm, we were able to get seats together which is good since easy jet does not have assigned seats. Good/long flight about 2.5 hours. The stewards were really funny men! They were laughing that if Maury spilt her coffee on my face I would need surgery and all the Morocco pictures would be ruined!

Ok so we landed in Casablanca - Welcome to Africa!
We arrived at the airport and waited for the train into town. It was at 8pm, but 20 minutes late. We were STARVING by then. Tired and in BAD moods. Once is Casa we took a taxi and were totally ripped off - 100 dirham! Our bathroom had no light.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb