mulanje mountain


Advertisement
Malawi's flag
Africa » Malawi » Southern
November 1st 2008
Published: November 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

lunch spotlunch spotlunch spot

it was great, until i was attacked by two hitchcockian ravens!!
i hiked a hut to hut trail at mulanje plateau. it was a beautiful place and the huts weren't too bad either.

i could have wished for better hutmates though. i ended up hooking up with 1.5 beotches from ireland. one had the potential to be alright if left on her own. the other however was self-centered and inconsiderate on the whole. for example: when she was eating tuna fish while leaning on my sleeping bag draped across the banister (which was a complete wraparound by the by), or while she emptied the same tuna tin upwind from my drying clothes during a heavy windstorm. the list goes on but i should concentrate on the positive.

there was a trail to sapitwa the second highest peak in africa which was brilliant. i absolutely LOVE this trail. anycomers to malawi must go to mulanje and hike this tough rock-strewn trail. the trail winds its' way around, between, over and at times under huge lichen covered, moss hung, house sized boulders. just make sure not to save $ at the cost of ones' sanity (ok a bit much), solitude and peace.

peace and love to all!!!!!!

haiku:
sapitwa peak
terror from aboveterror from aboveterror from above

the black and white huge menace.
trail
with enchanted forest and
lichen covered rock


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

dirty dogsdirty dogs
dirty dogs

can't get much worse. guess it wouldn't help to remove shoes before entering house.
the photo is verticalthe photo is vertical
the photo is vertical

this moss is growing off the rock.
who is that handsome studwho is that handsome stud
who is that handsome stud

er geek. who the hell hikes into the mountains wearing a flash drive anyhow? give a fella a break, we travelers must bring all important documents, papers, $, etc everywhere. it is quite a burden. i just wish i had noticed this before the photo.
need directionsneed directions
need directions

i felt so bad but i had to ask this guy for directions. it's not like he doesn't have enough on his mind or head anyway, about 18 feet of board. some guys had even more. i felt lousy in the knees for the steepness and 1 fellow came blasting by me with 3 such boards. when i caught up to him he was having a smoke no water. i will try to download a video.


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb