Traveling back from Zambia to Mabuya Camp Malawi


Advertisement
Malawi's flag
Africa » Malawi » Central » Lilongwe
May 28th 2016
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -13.9808, 33.7721

Were packed up and ready to go by the time John, Morphy's brother showed up to take us to the border with Malawi. He had grown up in Mufwe and knew most of the workers in the camp. Really interested in marketing himself in the transfer business.

Get to the Zambian border and clear it with no problem. There was a breakdown in communication about who should drive over to the other side. Ended up with Bizwik drivi ng over to the Zambian side and taking us to clear customs.

Here is where the problems happened and another rude awakening. We were told since we did not transit straight through Malawi, we were not eligible for the transit visa and would have to pay the regular visa of $75 each instead of the $50 each for a transit visa.

So now, traveling through Malawi has become more expensive. $150 each for the round trip to and from Malawi in addition to the $200 round trip expense of the car transit to Wildlife camp from Malawi. We will have to assess this cost but it sure is more convenient.

Mabuya camp is always a fun place to stop over and get provisions and information before continuing . Got settled in and had a nice dinner visited with all the other campers. The next day we worked on travel stories and other visitors.

The next day loaded up and were ready for our adventures in Kruger National Park



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb